I'm Mike, an educator with 45 years in classrooms and school leadership, from India to the UAE. This

Friday, 15 December 2023

This is downright silly

 Do you ever get silly thoughts? 

Not just silly, but downright idiotic? And then do you smile and say to yourself- how stupid can I get?. And at my age!

And ever so often  we ponder over life and the years gone by ? And we  frown in utter disbelief and think again - where in Dickens' name did that absurdity pop into my brain from!.

Now you know the facts -

I am quite old and quite it being moderately modest. 

I am an educational professional -  a post graduate trained teacher, with over 40 years experience 

I have taught hundreds of boys

Almost all are well placed all over the world 

Many are married with kids

Many read my posts - I love writing 

So many have asked me when my book would be published.

Some get their teens to read what I write. The articles are often inspirational 

Some are just stories of days gone by - at times nostalgia creeps in.

I write about Allahabad, my home town, Pune my adopted home town, and now the UAE.

Plenty of articles about BISHOPS too.


Often people say my writing is motivational .....

I also give talks.... I tell myself that people listen even when they are fiddling with their mobile.

So in a nutshell - when I write- people read.

Hence the pressure is ALWAYS there to ensure that the piece of writing  makes sense .

When I speak- people listen - or at least that's what I believe.

However, last evening , from out of nowhere, I got the most unintelligent,obscure, brainless thought, which zoomed into my cranium and refused to budge.

It's embarrassing to share - so don't judge me.

YOU CAN STOP READING HERE if you have anything better to do, as this is senseless trivia and will benefit you zilch.

So.

I was thinking of exotic pets and how people keep them. 

You know, the rare species of birds, animals, reptiles etc. 

The prohibited list - whereby, if you are caught, you could be fined or jailed.

Then there are people at the other end of the spectrum who keep rats ,  and cockroaches and are proud of doing so.

Now this is the embarrassing part , so take a deep breath and read on.

I was wondering- what if I had a centipede as a pet.

Not exotic but horribly strange !

Now you may not know, but all  centipedes don't have 100 legs. They could have anything over 10. Often they have an odd number - don't ask me why, but that's what Google said. Not sure why I researched this.

And they bite - by puncturing the skin. 

Well what if I had a pet centipede and I saw it limping ?

Would it be cruel to let it suffer ? Or should I console myself by saying ' what's one broken leg when it has so many ?

Food for thought ? 

Is there any deeper meaning to this ?

Why do these senseless thoughts plague me, when there are so many intelligent things I could be doing with my time right now?

After all, I am in a profession to educate the world ! This is far from anything remotely educational. 

Dear old boys - please don't let your kids read this.

 And if they do - and ask you who I am- just say it's Santa.

No comments: