Pages

Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Grateful

 MORNING REFLECTION- GRATEFUL


This morning, I woke up and my first thought was simply: thankful.


Not for anything in particular. Just thankful.


I thought of my parents, my relatives, my friends and colleagues, and all the opportunities life has given me. 

I thought of Allahabad, as it was the place where I was born, studied and grew up. I have fuzzy memories of the places I stayed in , the two schools I studied in and the friends I had. A few still remain . I started working in Allahabad as well. At GEEP FLASHLIGHT INDUSTRIES & at THE BHS.


As a young man ,I often wondered what life would hold for me. What would I do? Where would life take me? Much of the future was unknown.


Looking back, I know hard work, sincerity  and dedication played their part. They still do. But I also know that isn't the whole story.

There were miracles along the way. 


There have been so many moments when life took an unexpected turn. I found myself in the right place at the right time. An opportunity appeared. Something I hadn't expected worked out. And sometimes, when one possibility seemed to be disappearing, another appeared almost out of nowhere.


One moment stands out. A window seemed to be closing for me in Pune, and almost at that very moment, another opened for me in Dubai.


I didn't plan it. I couldn't have. I simply took the opportunity in front of me. Only later did I realise how much that moment would change my life.


Perhaps that is why I feel so strongly about one thing: don't give up. Whatever you are facing, hang in there. Life will always bring difficult people, difficult circumstances and frustrating days. What has helped me? Self-belief, optimism, music, good people, keeping it real — and being able to laugh at myself. Sometimes, you just have to keep going.


We don't always know what is waiting around the corner.


This morning, I found myself thinking about my journey, the people I've met and the opportunities I've been given. And I felt a deep sense of gratitude to God for the abundant blessings .

Gratitude for the journey, for the people, for the opportunities and simply, for being here.

The Bishop's School, Pune 

ALLAHABAD CIVIL LINES  NOSTALGIC MEMORIES

No comments: